Friday, December 16, 2005

First Christmas

This was taken at Christmas, 1945, in the Nolan house in Queens Village. I was five months old; Dad was still in France. Mom seems remarkably calm about my playing with the tinsel. I can't capture my earliest memory of 105-11 220th Street. That isn't surprising since it was my home until I was 19 months old. I remember the unusual better than the everyday. Patricia doesn't remember living in Bangor until she was 18 months old. I remember being in Grandma Nolan's dining room when Mom bought Stephen home from the hospital on Thanksgiving, 1948. I suspect I remember that more because the hospital sent Mom home with candy for Stephen's sister and brother.

As far as I know, we visited Queens Village every Christmas Day until Grandma moved to Uniondale sometime in the early 1970's. My most vivid Christmas Queens Village memory is the shows Uncle Jim organized for the cousins to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment