Monday, December 11, 2006

November 7 and 8, 1944--Mary to Joe

November 7, 1944

Dear, by this time you've had more mail from me, haven't you? You should know that things are pretty definite about our being parents next July. Isn't it super wonderful hon? Oh darling I'm so excited and happy I don't know that I can keep it a secret much longer. I want the whole world to know that I'm the luckiest girl in it 'cause I'm going to be a mommy. Joe darling, I love Mary-Jo's daddy awfully very much.

Very once in a while a baby Joe was mentioned.

Darling, I am so excited I doubt if I can keep it a secret much longer. I'll probably tell my mother soon and Peggy is likely it get it out of me at any time. Joe, I like having secrets with you. Dear, it's thrilling hearing my hubby say, "hello mommy."

November 8

Today I''m feeling quite chipper 'cause I talked with my husband last night. Dear, it was so exciting to share our secret. I like being a future mother awfully much. I love Mary-Jo's future daddy just millions of billions of times. I love ou more than all the babies that were born this year. Just think hon, ours will be one of the babies who'll be born next year. Byrdie just told me before that Gladys Adams ( the secretary who married her boss, remember) is expecting a baby the end of April. I had all I could do to keep from telling her that Mary Koch is expecting a baby the beginning of July. It's really too soon to tell anyone yet though. I wonder how the doctor will figure. I understand that they estimate one week after the first day of your last period and then say it'll be nine months from then. Which means that he'd probably say sometime around July 8th. My guess is about the 15th though. I've decided I'll wait until the 26th of Nov., which would normally be my next period and then if nothing happens, I'll arrange to go to the doctor the following week. I think I'll call Dr. Schanno and ask him to recommend me to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment