Monday, December 11, 2006

In Praise of My Grandma

Katie Koch Hubbell, wrote this on August 11, 1999.

Although I have not been fortunate enough to have lived close by my Grandma throughout my life, I have always admired her and looked up to her. I am constantly telling my friends and people I meet about what an incredible person my grandmother is. I hope to have half her energy and strength when I am 78 years old. I think many people would be grateful to have it when they are half her age.

It's often difficult to find Female role models who demonstrate the qualities that I value in people and I have been fortunate to have several of those role models in my life, my Grandma being one of them. As a young female trying to struggle through life and establish myself, I find solace in the fact that women like Grandma Mary were there before me laying the path. Knowing that despite growing up in times when women were not given as many opportunities as we are today and seeing the incredible things my Grandma was able to accomplish, I feel confident that I can accomplish similar things.

Another wonderful thing that I have to thank my Grandma for is for giving birth and raising my father. I admire my dad and strongly feel that my Grandma played a huge role in helping him develop into the wonderful person that he is. Thank You GRANDMA

No comments:

Post a Comment